Petra Prins is a Dutch quilter and owner of 2 shops in The Netherlands. She is passionate about antique Dutch Quilts and textiles. Several years ago, she began reprinting antique Dutch fabrics, the “Dutch Heritage” collection, with her friend Nel Kooiman. She is also the author of multiple Quiltmania books, booklets, and was the designer of the 2016 Mystery Quilt.
Petra is a Dutch collector, conservationist, teachers and author of several books on Dutch quilt history. An has specialized in textile conservation at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London and then served as Curator of the Open Air Museum in Arnhem, Netherlands.
- 10am - 4pm each day
- Participants will be learning to make The Sisters Quilt
- A copy of the pattern and templates is included in the workshop price. These will be ready for you on the day.
- We will have a large selection of Dutch Heritage fabrics available for purchase on the day for workshop students. We will also bring many more beauties across from the shop for the weekend!
- Morning and afternoon tea, and lunch will be provided
- Location: Caulfield South Community House