The notion of “slow stitching”
Slow stitching centres around the “make do and mend” and “waste not, want not” ethos of yesteryear. It is a nod to the generations that came before ours in which reusing and recycling were necessary and admirable.
This is not a complicated process which relies on numerous fancy, perfectly executed stitches and fastidious neatness. Rather, we embrace the timeworn nature of our materials, and the individuality of our stitching methods.
Simplicity is key.
We are passionate fabric lovers, and we have a stash of “just because” pieces we’ve found along the way to prove it. We love to hunt at flea markets, charity stores and church fetes for the cloth treasures and embellishments we will repurpose. We can lose ourselves in the online world of instagram and etsy…..oh the possibilities…
Lisa Mattock Workshops
$120 per person
10am – 3pm
Includes Morning Tea
Includes Slow Stitching Kit & Notes: Lisa supplies all necessary materials for each student, including class notes and a goodie bag which includes an array of reclaimed textiles, threads and embellishments.
- Wednesday March 7th
- Sunday March 11th
Full Day Workshop Class Policy
- 48 hours notice is required to transfer regular class fees to an alternative date.
- No refunds on “Special Guest Workshops” where less than 2 weeks notice is given.
- Should the class be cancelled, fees will be fully refunded by Queen of Fabric.
- Option of gifting a workshop to a friend is available if you are unable to attend.
- If you are unable to attend a full refund of payment is available if 7 days notice is given prior to the class.
- No materials are provided for any workshop unless a specific kit option is available at the time of booking. Please ensure you bring all necessary items to the workshop, your own sewing machine is welcome.