Join in the fun of creative guru Jan Cathcart’s workshops. Jan’s passion for sewing and all things crafty is limitless.
Learn how to make your own divine Fabric Box or using a variety of embroidery stitches and techniques to vamp up your tired Denim Jacket or Jeans! Read more about Jan…
Jan Cathcart Workshops:
$85 per person
10am – 3pm
Includes Morning & Afternoon Tea
- Sunday November 25th – Embroidery
- Wednesday November 28th – Box Making
2019 Box Making Workshops
- Wednesday January 23rd
- Saturday February 23rd
- Wednesday March 27th
- Wednesday April 24th
- Wednesday May 22nd
- Saturday June 29th
- Wednesday July 24th
- Wednesday September 18th
- Saturday October 26th
- Wednesday November 20th
- Wednesday December 11th
BOX MAKING CLASSES:
Learn how to make your own divine Fabric Box – the perfect gift or to store your sewing things in.
- Create your own beautiful storage box for your sewing things or anything else
- Take home a completed project in one day!
- Learn all the skills you need to complete your project from super creative Jan who has loads of tips and tricks to make the process easy and inspire you to make more!
- An inspiring environment and divine selection of fabrics in store to choose from
- A fun filled day learning a new skill that you can take home with you to create many boxes – an ideal gift!
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
Jan is a master at embroidery! In this class you will learn a variety of embroidery stitches and techniques. Apply these to your projects to embellish or create your own unique designs. All embroidery is done with DMC Perle 8 Cotton that provides great coverage and a rich effect. English, Hungarian, Mexican and European styles of embroidery will be touched on in this class. Beginners are very welcome!
Jan’s style is perfect for vamping up your tired Denim Jacket or Jeans to give them a new life. Perfect for the latest fashion trend of embroidery and embellishment on clothing!
- Create your own beautiful stitch sampler for your reference
- Take home instruction notes on stitches and techniques covered in class
- Learn a variety of embroidery stitches and techniques from super embroiderer Jan who has loads of tips and tricks to make the process easy and inspire you to make more!
- An inspiring environment and 80 colours of DMC Perle 8 Cotton in store to choose from
- A fun filled day learning a new skill that you can take home with you to embellish your projects or create your own unique one!
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
Full Day Workshop Class Policy
- 48 hours notice is required to transfer regular class fees to an alternative date.
- No refunds on “Special Guest Workshops” where less than 2 weeks notice is given.
- Should the class be cancelled, fees will be fully refunded by Queen of Fabric.
- Option of gifting a workshop to a friend is available if you are unable to attend.
- If you are unable to attend a full refund of payment is available if 7 days notice is given prior to the class.
- No materials are provided for any workshop unless a specific kit option is available at the time of booking. Please ensure you bring all necessary items to the workshop, your own sewing machine is welcome.